06 March 2020

Live - a second time

Last year 000webhost deleted my website due to inactivity. When I tried to get to the files they were still there, that was December.

So I tried to start a new account and tie it up with my website files. I opened a new account easily. When I tried to create a new website with the original name, it said it was taken. So, defeated, I started another website. Copied in a load of pages and tried go connect to my domain. Sorry, that connection is already used...

I contacted their help, which is done in an odd way, and they tried to give me instructions to do what I've already tried. I tried again. Back emailing help again. They try something else; I try again. No luck.

Emailing 000webhost help again, I tell them what the problem is. They say there is a wait for technical assistance. They've put me in a queue but it is likely to take a while, you may like to find another host! Can you believe that?

Welcome to Infinity it said. Completely free web hosting - unlimited storage, 99.9% uptime etc.

I thought "What have I got to lose?" And it was easy. Editing my domain, I point to their servers. Done. I upload my files, much quicker than the last lot as Infinity's FTP site worked first try in ES File Explorer. Brilliant!

So yesterday I went live again. Today I refined my upload, which was complete from my first attempt. So easy. Will it stay that way? Only time will tell.

1 comment:





  1. I will be grateful if you continue this in future.www.offshoreservers.net A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete